Work experience at East Wickham Primary Academy
At East Wickham we welcome applications from students of all ages who are looking for work experience in a school setting. If you are interested in such a short term voluntary position you need to take the following steps:
- Write to the Co-Headteachers explaining what experience you are looking for
- Detail what current courses you are taking which are relevant to a school setting
- Explain why you wish to get experience of working in school.
- Provide details of the dates and length of time you would like your work experience to last
- Provide full contact details for you and your school/college
As a school we will give priority to those who are already studying for childcare qualifications or to those intending to undertake a career in teaching/education.
We will contact you directly if you are successful and we expect you to liaise with your school/college to ensure that they are aware of and agree to this arrangement. We do reserve the right to limit the number of students we have on site at any time and we will withdraw our invitation if students do not meet our respectful behaviour and communication expectations on the school site.
Successful applicants are expected to:
1) Arrive promptly
2) Dress appropriately
3) Adhere to our respect, behaviour and communication expectations and school policies
4) Treat both children, parents and staff with respect
5) Not include any comments/photographs etc on any social media platform from their time at East Wickham