Leave of absence procedures
Requesting a leave of absence
We will only consider a formal application for a leave of absence and this must be at least one month in advance of the dates requested. Please complete the leave of absence form which can be found here.
Only exceptional circumstances will warrant a leave of absence. We will consider each application individually and take into account exceptional circumstances.
Our policy is not to authorise any family holiday during term-time unless there are exceptional circumstances.
The following factors will be considered:
● Can this event take place in the school holidays?
● What the current level of attendance is and unauthorised absence over the year to date.
● Any leave of absence taken previously.
● The time requested linked to examination / assessment period.
● Age and year group of the pupil.
We will not consider
● The availability of cheaper holidays.
● The availability of the desired location.
● An overlap at the beginning or end of school term.
● The working pattern or availability of parental holiday entitlement.
Any period of leave taken without the authorisation of the school, or in excess of that agreed, will be classed as unauthorised and will be referred to the Local Authority to issue a Fixed Penalty Notice fine.