We aim to ensure that all pupils experience high quality and purposeful teaching and learning - encouraging and enabling all pupils to achieve their potential.
At EWPA we aim to provide a broad and balanced curriculum which enables all children to develop a lifelong love of learning; promotes the willingness to question and explore whilst developing resilience and the confidence to take risks in order to achieve the highest possible outcomes.
Our curriculum is based upon the Early Foundation Stage and National Curriculum Framework. We provide a wide and varied learning experience from the Nursery through to year 6, which is enriched through creative contexts and our values based learning community.
EWPA Curriculum enables all children to become:
· Successful lifelong learners who enjoy learning, make progress and achieve
· Confident individuals who are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives
· Responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to society
EWPA Curriculum is developed around a values based learning community which:
· Promotes personal development;
· Support equality of opportunity;
· Develops spiritual, moral, social, intellectual and physical growth;
· Celebrates the contributions of a diverse range of people, cultures and heritages;
· Develops an understanding of the world and environment in which we live and promotes the need to care and protect it.
The curriculum at EWPA will:
· Promote high standards across the curriculum particularly in English, Maths, Science and ICT
· Provide a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum for all children
· Instil a positive disposition to learning and develop a commitment to learn
· Equip children with essential knowledge, skills and understanding
· Prepare children for the next phase of their education and their future careers
· Widen children’s horizons and raise aspirations about future learning, education and career opportunities.
· Make children aware of, and engaged with their local, national and international communities
· Help children recognise that personal development is essential to well-being and success
Our 'PSHE and Values Curriculum' document contains further details about the values and life skills we promote at East Wickham Primary Academy.
We have a wide range of IT equipment and resources available in each classroom and throughout the school. Each classroom has it's own Interactive WhiteBoard (IWB), HD Visualiser and laptops. Every KS2 classroom has 2 shared computers. We also have iPads that are available for classes to use and both teachers and our pupils can demonstrate and project work on to the class IWB.
KS1 Curriculum Meeting 19th September 2016
The PowerPoint presentation shown during the KS1 curriculum meeting can be accessed here.
If you'd like to contact us for further information, please complete the form found on the contact us page or send us an email.